When selling a home your house become a product and you only get one chance to make a great first impression. The fact is that we live in a tech savvy world and 90% of all home buyers start their home buying process on the internet. That means they will preview homes online prior to ever visiting the house in person.
The Atlanta housing market is hot right now, homes are flying off the market. However, make no mistake home staging works even in a hot real estate market. So, can you sell your outdated cluttered home in this market? Sure, anything is possible, but most likely you won’t be getting top dollar for your home. Home staging helps you sell your home for the most amount of money in the least amount of time.
When selling your home there are certain things you can’t control. You can’t control the market. You can’t change your location. However, what you can do is make sure that your home is showing at it’s best potential. Home staging along with some killer photographs will allow you to upstage your competition.
Today’s buyers are looking for turn-key homes that are updated, fresh, bright, airy, and those that have a contemporary feel. Our home staging consultation will provide you with a comprehensive plan for preparing your home for the market.
- Our home staging consultation is a 2-hour walk and talk. We encourage our clients to take notes during this meeting. We will walk your home and provide you with tips such as:
- We will provide you with tips on what furniture pieces to remove from a space. We’ll also make recommendations on how to lay out the remaining pieces so that the room looks spacious. When finished, we want potential buyers to imagine themselves living there.
- We’ll provide tips on packing away some of the clutter, which has multiple benefits. One, clutter makes spaces look smaller as clutter takes up a lot of visual space. Two, you’re going to be moving so you may as well get a head started on packing.
- Paint is one of the most affordable ways to update a space. We will help you choose the right paint colors that will appeal to the most amount of buyers.
- Once the consultation wraps up, we will do a quick recap, answer any questions that you have, and you’ll be all set.
- The fee for this service is $250 and is due prior to the consultation. We do not put you on our calendar until we have received the consultation fee.
If you need to purchase furnishings or accessories to update your space, we are happy to create a shopping list for you, for an additional fee. We’ll select products for local and online services.
Want us to style your space? With a budget and funds (provided by you), we’ll shop our favorite local and online retail stores. Once our shopping is complete, we’ll come back to your home and style your space. Please note: This service is reserved for light furniture pieces and decor (ex. side tables, small art, and accessories). We’ll provide your with a proposal this service once we know how many rooms we’ll be styling.
Please Note: These services are ideal for owner-occupied homes. We do not carry an inventory; therefore, we don’t provide vacant home staging.
Have more questions about home staging? Please click HERE to read our home staging FAQ.